Monday, February 28, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Have you ever met a hooper? Until a new coworker introduced us to the world of hula hooping I really did not know such a following existed. Curious as to what you can do with a hula hoop....check out our newest friend hooping along her journey to Arizona.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Last week I was privileged enough to travel to London for work. I have been there a few times before so have done all the tourist sites. It was a whirlwind trip but I was able to fit in a few new things off the beaten path. Here are some of my favorites:
- Going to Greenwich and seeing the Prime Meridian of the World. It was this crazy green laser beam going across the sky which signals the official starting point for each new day and year.
- The Legally Blonde broadway show at the Savoy. Yes, I admit to seeing this. And I have to say after seeing most Broadway shows out there in NYC, Legally Blonde exceeded my expectations and was so much fun. I highly recommend. And the theater was amazing. I even dragged along a friend who was not so interested and after the show she couldn't stop singing, she loved it!
- Design Museum London which has this amazing exhibit about 20th and 21st fashion illustration. One of my favorite exhibits I have ever seen. They also had on display all the the British Design Awards from last year....everything from clothing, chairs, architecture, bicycles, etc. Pretty darn cool. And the walk to get there had some up-close views of the London Bridge.
- Borough Market...a food lover heaven. Fresh produce, meats, cheeses, breads, oils, and the most delicious chocolate mousse on the planet! So many obscure things and smells to experience.
- Dinner at Wahaca. Of course being from Phoenix, I chose to test out Mexican food in the UK, a risk I know but this place was outstanding! Delicious margaritas, pork pibil to die for and upbeat interiors that kept you looking around.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
I think grilled cheese sandwiches are a food sent down from heaven. Seriously, one of my favorite foods. So when I saw this cookbook, Grilled Cheese, Please! I think I started drooling and have decided I need it...as soon as possible. You probably don't really need a cookbook concerning grilled cheeses but I love them that much. As seen via ReadyMade.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Check out this project by designer Kyle Tezak. He took it upon himself to tell the story of some of his favorite movies and books through designing four icons. I think his work his great and very successful. You could very much guess the book or movie without seeing the text. If you had four icons for your life story what would they be?
Seen via ReadyMade.