Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Travel: London

Last week I was privileged enough to travel to London for work. I have been there a few times before so have done all the tourist sites. It was a whirlwind trip but I was able to fit in a few new things off the beaten path. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Going to Greenwich and seeing the Prime Meridian of the World. It was this crazy green laser beam going across the sky which signals the official starting point for each new day and year.
  • The Legally Blonde broadway show at the Savoy. Yes, I admit to seeing this. And I have to say after seeing most Broadway shows out there in NYC, Legally Blonde exceeded my expectations and was so much fun. I highly recommend. And the theater was amazing. I even dragged along a friend who was not so interested and after the show she couldn't stop singing, she loved it!
  • Design Museum London which has this amazing exhibit about 20th and 21st fashion illustration. One of my favorite exhibits I have ever seen. They also had on display all the the British Design Awards from last year....everything from clothing, chairs, architecture, bicycles, etc. Pretty darn cool. And the walk to get there had some up-close views of the London Bridge.
  • Borough Market...a food lover heaven. Fresh produce, meats, cheeses, breads, oils, and the most delicious chocolate mousse on the planet! So many obscure things and smells to experience.
  • Dinner at Wahaca. Of course being from Phoenix, I chose to test out Mexican food in the UK, a risk I know but this place was outstanding! Delicious margaritas, pork pibil to die for and upbeat interiors that kept you looking around.

No comments: